Monday 7 July 2014

Bringing fruits from the four corners of the globe to South Africa

I am obsessed with plants and when I say obsessed I mean my every waking thought is consumed by them!
My cuboard is a germination chamber, my bedroom has a 2mX2m grow tent in it, and one greenhouse outside is simply not enough for me.

I love all plants but medicinal and edible are definitely tops in my book.
Discovering the mind blowing number of fruit species out there however took me from a humble gardener to a full blown addict:)

There is so much more to the world than the apples and bananas you find in the local supermarket, and why simply be content with sampling this cornacopia of taste sensations while in exotic locations when it is possible to bring the world to your very own doorstep!
So I embarked on a mission to learn about and obtain these incredible plants.
This blog will chronicle the journey from seed to fruit hopefully dispensing usefull information and pictures for others to use.
To the best of my knowledge this blog will be the first of it's kind specific to the South African experience, and believe me I have searched! I also will be sure not to skip over the indigenous bounty we have but hear little about.

My ultimate dream is to make a living through my obsession and provide these unique, tastey and nutritious plants to people all over South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment